Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Training for July 4th Criterium

Well, on a personal note, I'm trying to get ready for the 4th of July crit in Davis. I finished a very close 3rd there last year and I really like this course. However, last year I was a cat 5 and now I'm racing with as a cat. 3. But I think it may be more difficult to do as well this year as I don't have any team to help me out, which helps a lot. Also, I've started a new position at work and I'm putting in mostly 10 hour days resulting in less time for some solid training.

As usual I'm doing more specific sprinting work and short hill intervals rather than the long endurance miles. This is solely based on the time I have available for training and the main reason why I tend to stick to criteriums. Plus, they are such a blast to race.

No comments: