Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Non TV Tour Viewing



.

For the past 5 years I have been without cable television or Satellite and I rely entirely on rabbit ears and the internet.  Yes, anyone who knows me will find this hard to believe for how much I enjoy TV.  I started living without cable simply for the fact I was going to law school and knew my limits - school and my TV habits would not coincide.  But for most of the time it's really not that big of an issue as most basic TV I can view online and races from Europe are found online as well

The only problem I really have encountered comes every July as the Tour de France rolls along.  I've not had the success of streaming the Tour online quite like I have with all the other races during the year.  This could be that French TV who controls the viewing is more forthright in their search for poached broadcasts being that the Tour garners such high ratings and revenue (eh hem, should we start talking about revenue sharing for the teams yet?).

However, the tour is like no other event and so is watching it.  I want to have each stage at my beckon call and watch any part of it I chose.  Therefore, I pay the $30 each year to have all the access and live action - all at my fingertips.  While I have a fondness for Paul Sherwin and Phil Ligget having had their commentary for the Tour since I started watching back in 1986, I know some have strong aversions to their style (to be nice about it).  The Tour tracker will not alleviate this issue, but it will allow full viewing with no commercial interruptions.


Below are the valuable links for the tour for online viewing - make a note and keep them handy.  Similarly as to being on a date, inopportune buffering can ruin your day.


NBC's TOUR TRACKER 
STEEPHILL.TV
CYCLINGFANS.COM

No comments: